Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ah...my aching back!

Worked in my garden again today.  The bee balm has taken over everything!  So I am ripping away a ton.  I can tell I'm getting older because my lower back is killing me.  For two years I've had back pain and I keep telling myself it's all part of the aging process but I have to say it stinks!!  Anyways, how great it was to work in the soil.  Nature carries so many blessings.  I watched the fat worms scurry today.  I disturbed their dark solitude with my spade and let the sunshine pour in.  How traumatic for them.  Thanks to them the garden soil received nurtrients and my irises will bloom with great color this spring.
Gorgeous day today but due for rain tomorrow and a drop in temps so that we may even get snow on Monday!  The beauty of Kentucky...wait long enough and the weather will do a tail spin.

1 comment:

  1. You're a beautiful writer, Mom. Keep it up. I look forward to reading more musings!

    ReplyDelete