Friday, April 3, 2009

We had terrific thunderstorms here last night.  Got my supplies into the closet under the stairs since we had a tornado watch.  Made me feel a bit like Harry Potter!  Despite living in tornado alley, I just love the spring here.  The blooms come earlier than up north and it lifts my spirits so to see the daffodils bobbing their heads at me.
Gardening is such a joy for me.  To get down close to the earth reconnects me in some way.  It's as if I hold energy in its purest form when I dig down into the soil and hold the dirt in my hands.  Clearing the way for my flowers to bloom is so therapeutic.
I really got into gardening when my kids grew up and moved away.  I guess nurturing plants took the place of the day to day nurturing of my kids.
I wonder if other mothers felt that way too?

No comments:

Post a Comment